One of our newest teachers in Primary is Mr Tim Exton, who joined us in 2019, but his NBCS journey started many years before as a former student! Mr Exton has felt very welcomed by the NBCS community and appreciates the supportive and collaborative work environment, and the opportunities for co-teaching across the Stage, providing our students with different learning experiences.
A highlight of the year so far was looking at weather in the Integrated Unit with various experiments: “one memorable experiment was learning how snow is made (both in nature and man-made) and then making our own faux snow”.
- What was your favourite subject at school?
English – I loved pulling apart poetry and movies to analyse meaning.
- Who was your favourite teacher, and why?
Mr East – he made learning so memorable and created an inspiring classroom environment.
- Where did you go to university?
University of Notre Dame.
- What do you do to look after your well-being?
Go for a run or a surf.
- What is your favourite Bible verse, or Bible story?
I love reading about David and Goliath. I am inspired by how young David is when he trusts God.
- What are you reading for pleasure?
The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson.