Primary in Action
In Book Week we heard from award winning author, Sue Whiting, who enthralled students with her stories and writing techniques, including how to generate ideas for engaging stories.
Mr Watson read the book, voted by NBCS students as their favourite of the CBCA shortlisted books: Three by Stephen Michael King.
Our students dressed as characters from their favourite books and we heard about how their chosen character had encouraged them.
Primary Learning Glimpses
A window into Primary students’ learning as they set goals and tackle new challenges.
Nathan (Stage 3) recites his poem entered into the RSL ‘Australia My Country’ competition in response to the 2020 topic:
”They had no Choice – Animals in Australia’s Conflicts”.
Stage 3 – Literacy Circles
Georgia and Justin reflect on their experience of participating in literacy circles – sharing information, ideas and understanding about texts they are reading, through different lenses.
View the video below…
- Connector (How does it relate to other texts, self, world?)
- Detective (What can we infer?)
- Questioner (What are we curious about to deepen understanding?)
- Predictor (What do we think will happen in the story?), and
- Summariser (Capturing the author’s main ideas).