The NBCS Wellbeing Team and School Counsellors want to be able to continue to support students and parents in the best way possible. However, in these challenging times we are needing to think through how to do things a little differently. Below is a summary of some key things you will need to be aware of as parents should your child need the additional support of the NBCS School Counsellors.
The NBCS Counsellors will still be available during this period of Remote Learning. Below are some links to summary documents that outline how parents and students can access and use these NBCS resources.
- Parent Information: Remote Counselling Procedure
- Secondary Student Information: Remote Counselling Procedure
- Parent Consent Form: Remote Counselling Services
- Secondary Student Consent Form: Remote Counselling Services
Additional Support – Parents
Our NBCS School Counsellors are happy to speak with any parents who have concerns about their children. Additionally, parents may find the following services helpful:
- Parent Line NSW (ph: 1300 1300 52) offer free and confidential telephone counselling to parents, 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday, and 4pm to 9pm on weekends.
- The Mental Health Line (ph: 1800 011 511) is a 24/7 service run by the NSW Government Department of Health. It is staffed by mental health professionals who are able to offer advice and provide referrals to local mental health services.
NBCS Emotional Health Website
If you are looking for helpful resources during this time we would encourage you to visit the NBCS Emotional Health Website.
As we look to navigate this difficult time together, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Assistant Principal Wellbeing
Deputy Head of Primary